Coconut oil, especially extra virgin organic coconut oil is a rich source of nutrition for humans and animals alike. Besides possessing antioxidants, anti-fungal, antibacterial and antimicrobial characteristics its high saturated fat content is healthy. Unlike other oils, coconut oil has medium chain fatty acids that bring a host of health benefits in addition to fighting disease. Coconut oil is also the richest source of lauric acid, the only other source being human breast milk. We know that extra virgin coconut oil is an excellent way to becoming naturally healthy. What about our pets? The good news is coconut oil is equally beneficial for pet health. It helps them maintain a healthy digestive system and fight infections, besides giving them the nutrients they need in their diet.
How to use extra virgin coconut oil to keep your pets healthy
Whether your pet needs to be treated for a skin infection or a wound, an application of coconut oil helps it heal faster, while clearing up skin rashes.Here are six easy ways to use coconut oil for your pets:
- Keep their teeth healthy – Treat and prevent gingivitis by rubbing your pet’s gums with coconut oil to relieve pain and swelling.
- Keep their skin healthy –After bathing your pet, massage them with coconut oil and bathe them again after five minutes to wash the extra oil off. This keeps their skin hydrated and moisturised. This also keeps fleas, dry skin and allergies away by reducing the itching.
- Keep digestion healthy – If your pet has constipation, half a teaspoon of extra-virgin organic coconut oil per ten pounds of body weight once or twice a day can relieve it naturally.
- Treat bacterial infections – The lauric acid in coconut oil, which is antimicrobial, can treat infections.
- Boost mental health – The medium chain triglycerides in coconut oil enhance mental energy and speed up metabolism. Include coconut oil in your pet’s diet to get the best benefits.
- Improve thyroid health – If your pet has thyroid disease or is overweight, coconut oil is the perfect way to help it lose weight and balance its thyroid.
The best thing about extra virgin organic coconut oil is that it is safe for your pet to lick it off. You will find that your pet enjoys the flavour of coconut oil as much as you do!
For both internal and external use coconut oil is not only a must-have in your health and beauty regimen, but also in your pet’s.
Get your pet the health advantage with Jeeva’s extra virgin organic coconut oil! Ask for Jeeva extra virgin organic coconut oil at Harrods, London. Start healing today.
- Like our Facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/JeevaNaturals
- Follow us on Twitter – https://twitter.com/Jeeva_Naturals
- Business Page : https://www.linkedin.com/company/jeevauk